LA-CCI POSTGRADUATE THESES CONTEST (PTC)
The Postgraduate Theses Contest (PTC) promotes the integration and cooperation of young researchers in Computational Intelligence areas, providing greater visibility of the work done. The PTC has the following objectives:
– To promote greater participation of graduate students in the event.
– To encourage the continuous improvement of the quality of PhD and Master’s dissertations and/or thesis on Computational Intelligence.
(Any questions should be referred directly this year coordinator of the contest ===>>> Luis J. Ricalde, Mexico <firstname.lastname@example.org>)
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Among the registered participants, the PTC will select and award the best doctoral thesis and the best master’s thesis on Computational Intelligence.
A valid thesis or dissertation has to completed, duly defended and approved during the period January 2017 to June 2018.
Theses and dissertations selected to compete in this year contest will be evaluated based on their:
(1) scientific and technological contributions, generated by the work;
(2) potential impact on society; and,
(3) potential impact on the state of the art on Computational Intelligence & associated areas.
(1) Individual registration in LA-CCI2018;
(2) candidates are requested to send a summary in English (up to 3 A4 pages, excluding the cover page, and also excluding a list of published works out of the thesis);
(3) an A0-Format poster for physical-presentation during one of the LA-CCI poster sessions;
Both, the summary and the presentation of the poster will be evaluated by an Ad Hoc contest committee.
Further details and instructions for the accepted entries and about the consequent presentations will be provided to all participants in due course.
Ad Hoc COMPETITION ASSESSMENT COMMISSION FOR PTC 2018
Luis J. Ricalde, Mexico
Alma Y. Alanis, Mexico
Marco A. Perez-Cisneros
AWARDS TO THE BEST THESES AND DISSERTATIONS
Among the selected works, two ones will be awarded the best doctoral thesis and the best master’s thesis work.
The second best ones, in each category, will be awarded the spotlight doctoral thesis and spotlight master’s thesis work.
All awards will be presented at the awards ceremony during the LA-CCI.
IMPORTANT DATES: Check the ‘Date-Submission-Registration’ page
SUMMARY OF THE SUBMISSION
1. Follow this link to submit your information to participate in Postgraduate Theses Contest=> https://easychair.org/
2. Each submission must include the following documents:
– Summary of work with a maximum of 3 pages (excluding cover and publications produced);
– Poster for physical-presentation during one of the LA-CCI poster sessions;
– Full text of thesis or dissertation;
– Scanned copy of the diploma (or document showing that the thesis or dissertation was defended and approved);
All documents submitted must be sent in PDF format. The full text of the thesis or dissertation will serve primarily as a reference source for the evaluators on the results and can be written in either Spanish, Portuguese or English. None the less, the abstracts and posters must be written in English,
The summary should be clear which contributions are the originality and the potential impact of the work. The organization of the summary should provide obligatorily: title, author, academic affiliation in which it was presented & approved, and Advisors and Co-Advisors (if any). The academic affiliations (institution/department/group etc) should be very clear on all deliverables.
Furthermore, it is suggested that the text of the abstract explicit the motivation of work, characterize the relevance of the topic and the main challenges of the research, its objectives, its significant contributions, and results. If applicable, it is requested that the authors indicate all output, such as articles, chapters/book, patents, registered computer-programs (public / free domain) with reference to their URLs,
Articles published or accepted for publication should clearly include all editorial details, as well as any other information necessary to qualify work.
CHAIR OF LA-CCI 2018 POSTGRADUATE THESES CONTEST (PTC) Luis J. Ricalde, Mexico <email@example.com>