VENUE (CITY): Guayaquil, Ecuador
Guayaquil, the capital of Guayas Province, is the largest and most populous city in Ecuador. It is the major commercial town of the country with most of the import and export trade being conducted through the Gulf of Guayaquil. A large population of the city engages in trade and other informal activities such as agriculture, aquaculture, and other businesses. The city serves other functions such as transport, education, sports, tourism, and entertainment.
Guayaquil offers a variety of hotels, a convention center, and different meeting locations in Universities that could easily satisfy the demands of LA-CCI, for concurrent paper presentations, tutorials, round discussion tables, and symposia. The hotels, convention center or universities have a good communications infrastructure that would support the technical requirements expected in a conference such as LA-CCI. The venue will be decided together with the LA-CCI Steering Committee based on the demands of the event.
Guayaquil hosts important Public and Private Universities. Furthermore, Guayaquil has one of the most modern connectivity infrastructures of the country (transport, telecommunications, and services), as well as entertainment and sites for cultural activities.
Santiago de Guayaquil, which sits in the west bank of the Guayas River, is the most populous city in Ecuador. Guayaquil is the Capital of the Guayas Province and the nation’s main port. It has been recently awarded as the leading business travel destination of South America.
The city of Guayaquil has several touristic attractions, like Cerro las Peñas, Riverfront Malecon, and Malecon del Salado. Guayaquil is also known as the place for shopping. Recently a cycle route bridge has been built between Isla Santay park and the city; allowing tourists to have family trips and enjoy the wonders of the Guayas river natural reserves.
Very close to Guayaquil is the city of Samborondon, where people can enjoy the Historical Park and Zoo and the Old resemblance of the city. Samborondon is also a very cosmopolitan district where high profile restaurants and nightlife can be found.
The city of Guayaquil is accessible through its international airport, which has won the distinction of the Best Airport of South America for several years. Guayaquil has daily flights to and from Quito and other major Ecuadorian cities. Guayaquil is also a main departure hub to the famous Galapagos Islands.
We invite you to see this video of Guayaquil (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZftCQx4zSRE)
How to arrive in Guayaquil
The International Airport Jose Joaquin de Olmedo (GYE) is located 5 km from the city’s downtown, it is considered one of the best airports of Latin America and the Caribbean. It offers international and domestic flights to the main tourist destinations of Ecuador. The land travel distance from the city to some main beaches takes between one and two hours approximately.
VENUE (UNIVERSITY): Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral, Ecuador
Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral (ESPOL) is a Technical Higher Education Institution created on October 29, 1958. ESPOL has two Campuses in the City: Campus Gustavo Galindo at Prosperina and Campus Las Peñas located at the center of the city.
Some characteristics include:
● ESPOL’s main campus is located in Guayaquil, which is the economic capital and main industrial center of Ecuador. Guayaquil is the city with the largest urban development in recent years, it hosts the main maritime port for foreign trade, and it is also the largest domestic market of Ecuador.
● ESPOL runs a Special Zone for Economic Development – ZEDE, and the Knowledge Park – PARCON, the scientific component of the ZEDE.
● ESPOL has all its engineering programs and research centers aligned with the concept of “knowledge society”, as a consequence the University forms and incorporates, to its academic life, advanced human talent, essential for the creation and functioning of technology-based emerging companies.
● ESPOL has also included the dimension of “entrepreneurship” in all of its training processes and third level careers, which increases the opportunities of having entrepreneurs interested in transforming the knowledge generated in the research centers, into business ideas and technology-based companies.
● ESPOL has 8 Faculties (Departments): FCNM – Natural Sciences and Mathematics; FCSH – Social and Humanistic Sciences; FICT – Geosciences Engineering; FIEC – Electrical Engineering and Computing Sciences; FIMCP – Mechanical Engineering and Production Sciences; FIMCBOR – Maritime, Biology, Oceanographic Sciences and Natural Resources; EDCOM – School of Visual Design and Communication; FCV – Life Sciences; and ESPAE – Graduate School of Business Administration.
● ESPOL offers 33 undergraduate careers and 37 graduate programs. It has more than 11.000 undergraduate students and more than 1.400 graduate students. 6 engineering careers are internationally accredited by ABET, and its Business Administration Program accredited by AACSB.
VENUE (Hotel): follow this link